You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Reparatii
  •  » Hello from Texas...hola, buongiorno, bom dia, buna

#1 13-03-2011 04:05:41

JonGoodman
Boboc

Hello from Texas...hola, buongiorno, bom dia, buna

Hello.  Hopefully we have some english readers.  Actually I can read and write in other languages, but I am not certain which is most like Romanian...Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese?  It looks like Italian a bit, but also maybe like Portuguese.  Well, anyway I can read ok, but I can not write in the language of Romania yet.  Maybe I can learn.  I am old but not too old. 

Maybe some of you already know me.  I have already seen one or two familiar names.  I am the light seal guy...interslice is my ID on eBay, and you can see some of the instructions I have written at the KYPhoto forum.  (http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/sealreplacement.html)

Tonight I saw an excellent article on repair of the Canon Autofocus 50mm / f:1.4 lens by Radu, and it led me to join the group so I could thank him (Thanks again, Radu).  Sorry...I did not know this group existed.  How can I help?  Please let me know.  If you want to write in Romanian, that is ok.  As I said, I can read but not write.  I will work on that...
Best regards,
Jon

#2 13-03-2011 07:48:32

docman2
nebunu furios
Website

Re: Hello from Texas...hola, buongiorno, bom dia, buna

Hi Jon and welcome,

The forum has a content management system: please use the "Contul meu" picture you see above. Once you've been "approved" (I'll take care of that in no time), you can write as many instructions as you wish. Or post any photographic stories.
It's a free community, no banners. It's true that the forum is in Romanian (the sign-up question isn't that easy to bypass otherwise) but I don't think that anyone has a problem understanding English.

Speaking of repairs, we have a dedicated category: http://www.fotomozaic.ro/artikel.php?s=1&categ=21

As said, feel free to drop a line, you're more than welcome.

A+,
Alex

#3 27-03-2011 18:35:17

VladSoare
Turist japonez

Hi Jon,

This is quite a surprise. I'm so glad to meet you here.
My Master View works perfectly with the seals you sent me in December. I've been using it a lot in the past two months, and it seems to be perfectly light tight. Thanks again, it was a real pleasure to deal with you, and the materials were really awesome, a pleasure to work with.

Regarding Romanian, it's difficult to say which other language is closest to it, because it's somewhat special among Latin languages. It's Latin with Turkish and Slavic superstrates, and as such it doesn't quite resemble any other Latin language. I think that lexically it's closest to Italian, while phonetically it's closest to Portuguese. The lexical resemblance to Italian works one-way only, meaning that a Romanian person can usually understand some Italian even without any prior formal training, while an Italian person would definitely need formal training to understand Romanian.
One thing is certain, though - it's very different from French or Spanish.

Vlad

Last edited by VladSoare (27-03-2011 20:10:00)

#4 28-03-2011 05:23:33

JonGoodman
Boboc

Hi, Vlad.
Thank you for the note.  It is good to see you on the forum.  Yes, after reading more (or trying to read more) of the Romanian language over the past 8 or 10 days, I agree it is different.  But...it isn't too bad.  The other day we bought a tree swing for our grand-son, and the instructions were printed in about 20 different languages!  There were so many I was amazed.  One of them was Romanian, and so I had the chance to read something new.  I like to look at instructions like this and wonder "if I could only read in this language or that language, would I have any idea what I was supposed to do."

Well, I must go for now.  It is my bed-time.  Please tell me if you need any more light seal material.

Jon

• Index
  •  » Reparatii
  •  » Hello from Texas...hola, buongiorno, bom dia, buna

Board footer